If you’re missing teeth, be it one or many, Gwinnett dental implant specialist Dr. Lee can help you get back a smile you love showing off. Dental implants replace missing teeth while looking natural and function like your healthy teeth.
Dr. Lee is trained in the placement and restoration of dental implants, making our Sugarloaf and Snellville Periodontal & Dental Implant Care offices your one-stop shop for all things dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
If you’re missing teeth, need a tooth extracted, or wear loose and uncomfortable dentures, dental implants can restore your smile to full health and function. Implants are small titanium posts that are placed in the jawbone. The titanium fuses with the bone to create a strong anchor for a restoration such as a crown or bridge, or even full dentures.
Once implants are placed and the post has fused with the jawbone, you will come back for another appointment, during which Dr. Lee and our team will either fit your single-tooth implant with a crown, or design a bridge to replace multiple missing teeth. Porcelain crowns are designed to fit naturally and match the surrounding healthy teeth. A dental bridge connects to crowns on either side of a gap, with a false tooth or teeth in place of missing teeth effectively bridging the gap in your smile.
Worried about the cost of dental implants? You can still restore your smile to full function without breaking the bank thanks to financing through CareCreditSM patient financing. Learn more on our Financial page.
Call one of our offices today to schedule a dental implant consultation.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Patients and doctors alike prefer dental implants for replacing missing teeth. They not only restore your smile to its former beauty, but they also offer a number of benefits.
- As stable, strong replacements for teeth, implants provide you with a smile that looks and feels natural.
- Implants restore full function to your teeth, meaning you can eat your favorite foods, and smile, talk, and laugh with ease again.
- When cared for properly, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants help your jaw, mouth, and face retain their natural shape when teeth are missing.
- If a tooth is missing for too long, bone loss can occur. Dental implants protect the healthy bone tissue and prevent further deterioration.
If you’re ready to reclaim your smile, call our office to schedule an implant consultation with Dr. Lee and our team.
Mini Dental Implants
Also known as MDIs, mini dental implants are helpful in stabilizing dentures or retainers with false teeth. With MDIs, there is no need for bone grafting or invasive surgery to replace your missing teeth, which means:
- Lower costs compared to full implants
- Faster treatment time with the same permanent results
- Easier chewing and biting compared to traditional dentures
- No need for adhesives or other messy bonding agents
- More secure denture fit
- Easier cleaning
A set of MDIs are placed into the jawbone at intervals determined best for your mouth. Dr. Lee will measure your retainer or denture against the MDIs and mark where they will fit onto the new implants. We send your denture or retainer off to a lab where holes are drilled to accommodate the MDIs. Once your denture is back from the lab, it is fitted with rubber O-rings. These snap onto your MDIs to provide a snug, secure fit for your smile. You can continue to remove and clean your denture as normal.
Want to know if you could benefit from mini dental implants?
Call today to schedule an appointment.